Loneliness


Loneliness so thick
It’s felt in the air
Sweat and blood drips
From Your head as I stare

I wake up defeated 
I slept for sorrow
O, what can I do Lord
To prevent tomorrow

I took You for granted
The One who does it all
Trinitarian company
But alone You now fall

I ask in my smallness
Can I prevent this mess
You respond in all sadness
Stay awake for the test

Nothing I can do
You did it for us all
Stay obedient in prayer
In the times when I crawl

They take You away
I can’t handle this pain
In my weakness I flee
Taking the easier way

Alleviation impossible
Too helpless to rest
They took my Good Savior
As He saves us from death

To free us of sin
That holds the world down
In a form of a cross
In a form of a crown

And now You hang there
I hear Your voice in my head
No love is greater
Than giving your life for a friend

Comments