Spent


I ran out of water
I ran out of air
I ran out of flame
I just ran out

The hard just got harder
My heart lost its care
Steps lacking length
Exhausting the route

I’m burnt out and squeezed
No need to pretend
No more left in me
When I’m already spent

Can’t do this all day
Time for You to step in
And fill all the spaces
Both outside and in

To be less like me
And transform into You
I’m dried to the bottom
And from there you’ll renew

Like an ocean to droughts
Run the rest of the race
And I’ll run out of doubt
And replace it with grace

You can never out spend
Spent it all on the cross
I can never out burn
You light my way when I’m lost

Was never about me
I know this to be true
Infinite and abundant 
I’ll run after You

Or so I’d thought
In my smallness I’d see
It was You I saw coming
You ran out for me

Comments