The Tree


This sin that I carry
That nobody sees
I went out to bury
And placed now beneath 

The lonesome big tree
With no one around
No critics will speak
Of words that bring down

But I feel no relief
No peace in my heart 
The solution is brief
And this pain won’t depart

And then You showed up 
Dug into the ground
And my heart will erupt 
What You’ll uncover just now

You went out to search
The sin You don’t have
The one that will hurt 
You and bring wrath

You eventually found it
With tears on my face
None of this sits
Well feeling disgraced

But You didn’t look mad
Or have a distaste 
With the mercy You have
You’ve taken my place

You climbed up the tree
Along with my sin
and gave forgiveness to me
Repaired my heart from within 

There’s nothing to hide
You’ve taken it all
The dark You made light
And made right to my wrongs

Comments